Claire brings nine years of experience to her counselling practice and specializes in helping people with anxiety, depression, grief and relationship issues. She works from an attachment lens, focusing first and foremost on a client’s relationship to themselves and exploring their core beliefs about who they are.
As a relational counsellor, Claire works with both individuals and couples. Relational work begins within the self. We are all in relationship first to ourselves and secondly to others. If our relationship to ourselves is disconnected, this in turn affects our relationship to others and may show up as anxiety or depression.
Claire is passionate about helping others heal, grow and make important life decisions. These are the main therapy approaches she uses in her work:
- Attachment theory
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Journal therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
EDUCATION & TRAININGS
Claire holds a diploma in Professional Counselling from Vancouver College of Counsellor Training (VCCT) and a Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology through the City University of Seattle. She is also trained in the following modalities:
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy).
- Gabor Mate’s Compassionate Inquiry.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples.
- Internal Family Systems